Rolling Meadows, IL, September 24, 2007—Komatsu America Corp. announces the BR580JG-1 Mobile Jaw Crusher. With a newly designed vibrating grizzly feeder and an all-hydraulic drive system the new crusher is suitable for highway construction, quarry and demolition and excavation applications.
The BR580JG-1, with a flywheel horsepower of 345 HP, has an operating weight of 108,000 to 112,440 pounds, is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D125E-5 engine. The electronically controlled HPCR (High Pressure Common Rail) fuel injection system is EPA Tier 3 emissions certified, provides low noise operation, and remains extremely fuel efficient while delivering superior power and productivity.
The BR580JG-1 is equipped with the latest Komtrax technology (Level 2), which sends machine operating information to a secure website utilizing wireless technology. Data such as operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts are relayed to the web application for analysis. The Komtrax fleet monitoring system increases machine availability, reduces the risk of machine theft, allows for remote diagnosis by the distributor, and provides a wealth of other information to drive business efficiency and productivity.
Special features of the BR580JG-1 include:
- HydrauMind Hydraulics
Komatsu’s patented HydrauMind fully drive system gets the operator working right away. By delivering the optimal amount of oil through load-sensing and pressure-compensated valves, it senses overloads and automatically slows the feeder down.
- Vibrating Grizzly Feeder & New Jaw Crusher
The newly designed vibrating grizzly feeder moves the material elliptically to effectively separate and feed it evenly into the new KCJ4430 jaw which features a load-presetting semiautomatic feeder system. Together, they have substantially increased the crushers output for an unsurpassed production capacity.
- Fully Automatic discharge Adjustment System and Crusher Protection
The automatic discharge system makes it easy to change the opening of the discharge port. Even with routine wear on both plates, you can adjust the discharge setting with a simple one-touch operation. The jaw protects itself by allowing the locking cylinders to fully open the discharge port (unlike other crushers that typically bend toggle plates when clogged) which makes it easy to remove clogged material from the crusher.
- Easy Operation, Reliability and Low Maintenance
All operation switches are located at ground level on the main control panel making it easier for the operator to reach and control the operations. With a one-touch start button that sequentially starts the operation of the magnetic separator, belt conveyors, jaw crusher and feeder, the operator can have the unit up and running in no time. The large clearance between the jaw crusher and the conveyor belt help to reduce clogging and the crusher’s bottom area is sealed with heavy-duty rubber covers. This design helps re-bar from being caught by the crusher’s member structure and the wide openings on the side frames ensure easy access to the space below the crusher to remove clogged or foreign material.
Other key features of the BR580JG-1 include:
• The conveyor tail elevation system provides for sufficient ground clearance (minimum ground clearance in travel mode of 7.9” to 14”) so the crusher is highly maneuverable and able to handle the terrain of most crushing sites.
• High speed large capacity conveyor belt with a belt width of 42”, a belt speed of 394 ft./min and a discharge height of 9’10” provides for maximum output and makes it easy to configure a system with a stock pile conveyor and screens.
• An optional radio remote control has a one-touch Start/Stop feature and also allows the operator to change the machine modes between “Travel and Operation” for efficiency and greater ease of operation.
• The horizontal vibrating feeder with a step-deck grizzly section creates a more efficient mobile crusher by reducing clogging and muck. An optional muck conveyor is available to further enhance machine efficiency.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. which is the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support the equipment. Komatsu has proudly been providing high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.