More horsepower, consumes less fuel and one of the quietest cabs in its class
Rolling Meadows, Ill., June 11, 2015 - Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new PC210LC-11 hydraulic excavator, a versatile, all-purpose construction machine. Featuring a 165 horsepower, EPA Tier 4 final, SAA6D107E-3 engine, the new PC210LC-11 packs up to seven more horsepower than its predecessor and consumes up to six percent less fuel with no loss to performance or productivity.
“If you need a machine capable of doing many things well - for example, going from loading trucks to excavating trenches to placing pipe and back again - this is the excavator for you,” said Kurt Moncini, Komatsu America product manager. “For versatility and long-term value, the PC210LC-11 is tough to beat,” Moncini said.
In addition to the upgrade in horsepower and fuel efficiency, the following features and improvements come standard on the PC210LC-11 excavator:
- A new viscous fan clutch improves cooling system efficiency and helps reduce noise levels.
- Three travel speeds help reduce non-productive time moving around the job site.
- A heavy standard counterweight (9634 lbs./4370 kg) provides improved over-the-front and over-the-side lift capacity.
- A standard pattern change valve makes it easy to switch joystick patterns to accommodate specific operator preferences.
- Six work modes match engine speed and pump flow to various applications.
- Operator ID provides the capability to view KOMTRAX® data by job, application or operator.
- Komatsu’s Closed-Center Load Sensing System (CLSS) provides quick response and smooth operation to maximize productivity.
- The wide, spacious ROPS and OPG Level 1 certified cab features design upgrades that help reduce cab noise by two decibels and elevate the cab to among the quietest in its class.
- KOMTRAX® level 5 technology feeds the operator machine data, such as fuel and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) levels, Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), regeneration status, location, cautions and maintenance alert information.
- An updated, large 7” LCD monitor has a new split-display mode, showing both a rear-camera view and key machine-gauge data at the same time.
Other operator-friendly enhancements include centralized engine checkpoints, providing easy access to engine oil and filter, the drain valve, fuel drain valve and water separator drain valve.
The PC210LC-11 excavator and every other Komatsu Tier 4 Final construction-sized machine, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and up to two complimentary Komatsu DPF exchanges and up to two DEF tank flushes in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America also serves forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Note: All comparisons and claims of improved performance made herein are made with respect to the prior Komatsu model unless otherwise specifically stated. Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. KOMATSU®, Komatsu CARE® and SIGMADOZER® are registered trademarks of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.