High breakout force, operator comfort and a new Tier 4 Final engine
Rolling Meadows, Ill., July 14, 2015 - Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new WA380-8 wheel loader. With a 6.69 liter, 191 HP Komatsu SAA6D107E-3, variable geometry turbo charged and after cooled Tier 4 Final certified engine, the WA380-8 uses up to six percent less fuel than its Tier 4 Interim predecessor.
Komatsu’s SmartLoader Logic software combines with a lockup torque converter, which activates in second, third and fourth gears. Together, the system provides optimal engine torque for improved acceleration, hill climbing, a higher top speed and fuel savings.
“With one of the highest breakout forces in its class and excellent balance, this machine is made for tough digging tasks,” said Craig McGinnis, Komatsu America product manager. “The WA380-8 is ideal for carrying pipe, sand and other aggregates, site clean up and support, digging into piles and backfilling,” McGinnis said.
Komatsu designed the machine’s Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components to work in harmony with the engine for efficiency and long life. A Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) assembly is incorporated to further reduce NOx emissions using diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). The engine uses an advanced electronic control system to manage the air-flow rate, fuel injection, combustion parameters and after treatment functions to optimize performance, reduce emissions and provide advanced diagnostic capability.
In-cab enhancements and features include:
- A new, air-suspension, high-back, heated seat that softens machine vibrations for operator comfort, and cast frame members for increased strength.
- Seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers with F-N-R switch for operator comfort and convenience.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX® telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status, DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown to reduce idle time and save fuel.
- Auxiliary jack and two 12 volt ports.
- A seven inch, full color, high-resolution monitor with ecology guidance to support more efficient machine operation.
- A dedicated, full color, seven-inch, rear-view monitor is standard.
Additional Features and Benefits
- Swing out cooling fan with wider fin spacing and standard auto-reversing fan for ease of cleaning.
- Gull-wing engine doors that provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items.
- Full-rear fenders are standard.
- Additional hinged panels at each side of the machine for easy access to regeneration components.
The WA380-8 and every other Komatsu Tier 4 Final construction-sized machine, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service, and up to two complimentary KDPF exchanges and up to two DEF tank flushes in the first five years. With all labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America Corp. also serves the forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality, reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Note: All comparisons and claims of improved performance herein are made with respect to the prior Komatsu model unless otherwise specifically stated. Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.
© 2015 Komatsu America Corp. All rights reserved. Komatsu America is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. KOMATSU®, KOMTRAX and Komatsu CARE® are registered trademarks of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.