- 113,600 lbs Operating Weight
- 449 @2000 rpm Horsepower
- 17.9 yd³ Blade Capacity
The pushing power and production of the D275AX-5 comes from the 452 horsepower its Komastu engine produces and the lock-up torque converter. Other features such as hydrostatic steering and K-bogie system give the D275AX-5 the maneuverability to keep up with fast scraper pushing as well as tough ripping. To make the D275AX-5 even more productive, the unique Sigma dozer blade can be mounted to produce 15% more than a conventional blade.
Automatic Torque Converter Lockup System
In the lockup configuration, the system automatically engages the torque converter lockup clutch with all the engine power transmitted directly to the transmission, increasing ground speed and thus achieving efficiencies equal to a direct drive. The result is efficient use of engine power, less fuel consumption, and faster cycle times.
Comfortable Ride with New Cab Damper Mounting and K-Bogie Undercarriage
The D275AX-5’s cab mount uses a new cab damper which provides excellent shock and vibration absorption capacity with its long stroke. The cab damper mounts combined with the new K-Bogie undercarriage, soften shocks and vibration, while traveling over adverse conditions, which conventional mounting systems are unable to absorb. The cab damper spring isolates the cab from the machine chassis, suppressing vibration, and providing a quiet, comfortable operating environment.
Fully Adjustable Suspension Seat and Travel Control Console
For improved rear visibility during reverse operations, the operator can adjust the seat 15° to the right. The transmission and steering controls move with the seat for optimum operator comfort. The travel control console also has adjustment fore and aft, and height. The armrest is independently adjustable up and down, providing optimum operation posture for all operators.
Hydrostatic Steering System Smooth Powerful Turning
The Hydrostatic Steering System (HSS) is powered by an independent hydraulic pump with engine power transmitted to both tracks without power interruption on the inside track. When the machine turns, the outside track moves faster and the inside slower, for smooth, powerful turns. Counter-rotation is available for minimum turning radius providing excellent maneuverability. Shock-free steering reduces machine vibration and increases operator comfort.
New features on K-Bogie undercarriage system
• K-Bogies oscillate with two fulcrums, and track roller vertical travel is greatly increased. Impact load on all undercarriage components has been reduced and durability of components is improved since track rollers are always in contact with track links.
• Undercarriage life is improved due to better control of track chain alignment with track rollers.
• Riding comfort is improved by reducing vibration and shock when traveling over rough terrain.
Preset Travel Speed Function
Preset travel speed selection function is standard equipment, enabling the operator to select a combination of forward/reverse gear shifts from three preset patterns; F1-R1, F1-R2 and F2-R2 by using the UP/DOWN switch. When the preset pattern is selected and the travel control is moved into forward or reverse, the machine travels in the preset gear range automatically. This function reduces manual gear shifting frequency during machine operation, enabling the operator to focus on directional and hydraulic control. Preset travel speed selection is especially helpful when used in combination with the auto-downshift function and reduces cycle times during repeated round trip operations.
Based on a completely new digging theory, SIGMADOZER™ dramatically improves dozing performance and increases productivity. A new frontal design concept adopted for digging and rolling up material at the center of the blade increases material holding capacity, simultaneously reducing side spillage. Reduced digging resistance produces smoother flow of material, enabling the dozing of larger quantities of material with less power. In addition, adoption of a new blade linkage system holds the blade closer to the tractor for improved visibility, enhanced digging force, and reduced lateral sway of the blade.
Coolant and Lubricant Capacity (refill)
|Fuel tank||222 U.S. gal||840 ltr|
|Coolant||26.4 U.S. gal||100 ltr|
|Engine||13.7 U.S. gal||52.0 ltr|
|Torque converter, transmission, bevel gear, and steering system||23.8 U.S. gal||90 ltr|
|Final drive (each side)||10.6 U.S. gal||40 ltr|
|Type||4-cycle, water-cooled, direct injection|
|Aspiration||Turbocharged, air-to-air aftercooled, cooled EGR|
|No. of cylinders||6|
|Bore x stroke||5.51" x 6.50"||140 mm x 165 mm|
|Piston displacement||930 in³||15.24 ltr|
|SAE J1995 - Gross||452 HP||337 kW|
|ISO 9249 / SAE J1349 - Net||449 HP||335 kW|
|Hydraulic fan at maximum speed - Net||410 HP||306 kW|
|Rated rpm||2000 rpm|
|Fan drive type||Hydraulic|
|Method||Gear pump, force lubrication|
Double-reduction final drive of spur and planetary gear sets to increase tractive effort and reduce gear tooth stresses for long final drive life. Segmented sprocket rims are bolt-on for easy replacement.
Closed-center Load Sensing System (CLSS) designed for precise and responsive control, and for efficient simultaneous operation.
|Hydraulic control units:||All spool valves externally mounted beside the hydraulic tank. Piston type hydraulic pump with capacity (discharge flow) of 230 ltr/min / 60.8 U.S. gal/min at rated engine rpm.|
|Relief valve setting||3,980 psi||27.5 MPa / 280 kg/cm²|
|Control valves:||Spool control valves for SIGMADOZER™, Semi-U tilt and Full-U tilt dozer|
|Blade lift||Raise, hold, lower, and float.|
|Blade tilt||Right, hold, and left.|
|Note:||Additional control valve required for variable digging angle multi-shank ripper and giant ripper.|
|Ripper lift||Raise, hold, and lower.|
|Ripper tilt||Increase, hold, and decrease.|
|Hydraulic cylinders||Double-acting, piston.|
|Hydraulic cylinders/ Number of cylinders:||Bore||Bore|
|Blade lift / 2||4.72''||120 mm|
|Blade tilt / 1(Single tilt), 2(Dual tilt)||7.09''||180 mm|
|Ripper lift / 2||7.09''||180 mm|
|Ripper tilt / 2||6.30''||160 mm|
|Hydraulic oil capacity (refill):|
|SIGMADOZER™, Semi-U dozer, or U dozer||34.3 U.S. gal||130 ltr|
|Ripper equipment (additional volume):|
|Giant ripper||10.0 U.S. gal||38 ltr|
|Multi-shank ripper||10.0 U.S. gal||38 ltr|
|Tractor weight - Including rated capacity of lubricant, coolant, full fuel tank, operator, and standard equipment.||83,070 lb||37680 kg|
|Operating weight - Including Strengthened Dual tilt SIGMADOZER™, giant ripper, steel cab, ROPS, operator, standard equipment, rated capacity of lubricant, coolant, and full fuel tank.||113,600 lb||51530 kg|
|Ground pressure||17.2 psi||119 kPa / 1.21 kg/cm²|
Palm Command Control System (PCCS) lever controls for all
directional movements. Pushing the PCCS lever forward results in
forward machine travel, while pulling it rearward reverses the
machine. Simply tilt the PCCS lever to the left to make a left turn.
Hydrostatic Steering System (HSS) is powered by steering planetary units and an independent hydraulic pump and motor. Counterrotation turns are also available. Wet, multiple-disc, pedal-controlled service brakes are spring-actuated and hydraulically released. Gear shift lock lever also applies parking brake.
|Minimum turning radius||12'10||3.9 m|
Komatsu TORQFLOW transmission consists of a water-cooled, 3-element, 1-stage, 1-phase, torque converter with lockup clutch and a planetary gear, multiple-disc clutch transmission which is hydraulically-actuated and force-lubricated for optimum heat dissipation. Gearshift lock lever and neutral safety switch help prevent accidental starts.
|1st||2.2 mph / 3.6 km/h||2.9 mph / 4.7 km/h|
|2nd||4.2 mph / 6.7 km/h||5.4 mph / 8.7 km/h|
|3rd||7.0 mph / 11.2 km/h||9.3 mph / 14.9 km/h|
|Suspension||Oscillating equalizer bar and pivot shaft|
|Track roller frame||Cylindrical, high-tensile-strength steel construction|
|Rollers and idlers||Lubricated track rollers|
|K-Bogie undercarriage||Lubricated track rollers are resiliently mounted to the roller frame with a series of K-Bogies whose oscillating motion is cushioned by rubber pads.|
|Extreme service track shoes||Lubricated tracks. Unique seals help prevent entry of foreign abrasive material into pin-to-bushing clearances to provide extended service life. Track tension is easily adjusted with a grease gun.|
|Number of shoes (each side)||39|
|Single grouser||3.5''||88 mm|
|Shoe width (standard)||24''||610 mm|
|Ground contact area||6,580 in²||42456 cm²|
|Ground pressure (tractor only)||12.7 psi||87.3 kPa / 0.89 kg/cm²|
|No. of track rollers||7|
|No. of carrier rollers||2|
|Extreme service shoes||24"||610 mm|
|Additional weight||0 lb||0 kg|
|Ground contact area||6,580 in²||42456 cm²|
|SIGMADOZER™ Strengthened Dual tilt Ground pressure**||17.2 psi||119 kPa / 1.21 kg/cm²|
|Semi-U tilt dozer Ground pressure**||16.6 psi||115 kPa / 1.17 kg/cm²|
|Extreme service shoes||28''||710 mm|
|Additional weight||1,260 lb||570 kg|
|Ground contact area||7,659 in²||49416 cm²|
|SIGMADOZER™ Strengthened Dual tilt Ground pressure**||15.0 psi||103 kPa / 1.05 kg/cm²|
|Semi-U tilt dozer Ground pressure**||14.5 psi||100 kPa / 1.02 kg/cm²|
|Extreme service shoes||30''||760 mm|
|Additional weight||1,870 lb||850 kg|
|Ground contact area||8,199 in²||52896 cm²|
|SIGMADOZER™ Strengthened Dual tilt Ground pressure**||14.1 psi||97 kPa / 0.99 kg/cm²|
|Semi-U tilt dozer Ground pressure**||13.7 psi||94 kPa / 0.96 kg/cm²|
|** Ground pressure based on tractor, cab, ROPS, operator, giant ripper, standard equipment, and shoe and blade shown in the chart.|
- Air cleaner, double element with dust indicator
- Air conditioner with heater, defroster and pressurizer
- Alternator 75 ampere/24V
- Backup alarm
- Batteries 200 Ah/2 x 12V
- Blade lift cylinders
- Coolant corrosion resistor
- Cup holder
- Decelerator pedal
- Electrical harnesses with sealed connectors
- Gull-wing side doors, perforated
- Engine precleaner with above-the-hood air intake pipe
- Engine speed control electronic dial
- Fan, reversible, programmable electronic control, hydraulic driven
- Filler cap locks and cover locks
- Fuel fast fill provision
- Fuel line auto deaeration
- Fuel water separator and secondary filter
- Horn, warning
- Hydraulics for dozer, single tilt
- Hydraulics for ripper, VGR/MSR
- Hydrostatic Steering System (HSS)
- K-Bogie undercarriage
- Lights, work (2 front, 1 rear)
- Lunch box holder
- Monitor with self diagnostic function
- Muffler with rain cap
- Palm Command Control System (PCCS)
- PM service connectors
- Radiator with reserve tank
- Radiator guard door, lattice type
- Rear cover
- Seat belt, 76 mm / 3"
- Seat, suspension type, high back, fabric, turn
- Starting motor, 11kW/24V
- Sun visor
- Tool kit
- Torque converter with automatic lock-up
- Torque flow transmission with Electronic Control Modulation Valve (ECMV)
- Transmission 3F/3R travel speeds with preset patterns
- Transmission auto downshift
- Track roller guard, end sections
- Track shoes, 610 mm / 24" extreme service
- Track chain, sealed and lubricated
- Underguards, hinged with front pull hook
- 12 volt accessory outlet
- Additional heater for cab
- Additional rear light for ripper point
- Alternator, 90 ampere/24 V
- AM/FM radio with cassette
- Counterweight with rigid drawbar
- Counterweight, heavy duty for coal, landfill, woodchip
- Landfill package
- Radiator guard door, 2 piece, lattice, hinged
- Rear side screen for cab
- Safety glass for cab, MSHA spec
- Seat, air suspension type, high back, fabric, turn
- Track shoe slip control system
- 610 mm / 24'with trapezoidal hole
- 710 mm / 28' with or without trapezoidal hole
- 760 mm / 30' with or without trapezoidal hole
- Hydraulically controlled parallelogram ripper with three shanks.
- Available stepless adjustable ripping angle.
- Weight (including hydraulic control unit) 4462 kg 9,840 lb
- Beam length 2495 mm 8'2'.
- Maximum lift above ground 955 mm 3'2'
- Maximum digging depth 900 mm / 2'11'
Variable Giant Ripper:
- Variable, parallelogram single-shank ripper ideal for ripping up tough material.
- Ripping angle is variable
- Ripping depth is adjustable in three stages by a hydraulically controlled pin puller
- Weight (including hydraulic control unit) 3600 kg / 7,940 lb
- Beam length 1252 mm / 4'1'
- Maximum lift above ground 870 mm / 2'10
- Maximum digging depth 1300 mm / 4'3'