- 53,136 - 56,337 lbs Operating Weight
- 217 @1950 rpm Horsepower
- 12.9 - 15.1 yd³ Blade Capacity
The powerful 217 HP D65PX-18 WH can be equipped with a complete waste handler guarding package. The D65PX-18 WH can be equipped with outside mount Straight Tilt blade, or the inside mount power angle tilt. By protecting exposed components, reducing opportunity for debris to enter the engine compartment, and making it easier to clean and service, the Komatsu D65PX-18 dozer works longer in high debris applications for increased productivity compared to the standard arrangement. Maintaining a clean engine compartment is one of the challenges for dozers working in landfills. The waste handler package includes features to make the D65PX-18 easier to clean and service to maximize engine performance.
Additional Engine Hood Perforations
Additional perforated material increases air flow to the radiator and prevents large airborne materials from entering the engine compartment.
Additional Work Lights
The two hood-mounted lights are replaced with four LED work lights mounted high on the blade lift cylinders, casting light over the trash rack.
Cab Air Pre-cleaner
The optional, cab air-filtration system provides pre-cleaned, filtered air to the HVAC system. The cab is pressurized to minimize odors and dust.
Chassis Seal Package
Additional sealing is added to chassis components to help reduce the amount of debris entering the belly pan.
Door Seal Guards
These sheet metal guards are welded to the perimeter of the engine compartment doors, providing an overlapping barrier against material intrusion into the engine compartment.
Engine Pre-cleaner with Screen
A protective screen is added to the standard centrifugal engine air pre-cleaner to remove large particles from the air before they reach the filter elements.
Engine Thermal Guard
The thermal guard covers the exhaust manifold, hot side of the turbocharger, KDPF, and SCR system, reducing the potential for combustible debris to come in contact with hot surfaces.
Front Striker Bars
Front striker bars are designed to prevent debris from riding up on the tracks and damaging the chassis or cab glass. The bolt-on design allows for easy servicing.
HD Counterweight with Rear Striker Bars
The 1046 kg 2,306 lb counterweight optimizes machine balance for landfill applications. Counterweight required unless winch or ripper is ordered.
Powered Engine Underguard
The electric winch located on the inside of the main frame lowers and raises the underguard, providing easy access to the engine compartment for cleaning accumulated trash.
Raised Cab Air Inlet with Pre-cleaner
The standard turbine type pre-cleaner removes large particles and extends cab air filter life.
Roof Mounted AC Condenser
The AC condenser is mounted to the roof to protect it from debris and to increase cooling efficiency.
9.5 mm, 0.375" thick guarding protects the sides and rear of the fuel and hydraulic tank group from damage and debris.
The see-through vertical bars of the trash rack are designed to ensure good operator visibility. The trash rack and blade are both painted matte black to reduce glare.
Two Piece Radiator Doors and Auto Reversing Fan
The two-piece radiator guard doors allow access to the standard wide-core radiator for cleaning. Adjustable fan reversing interval and duration allow the operator to concentrate on productivity, while keeping the radiator clean.
||4-cycle, water-cooled, direct injection|
||Komatsu variable geometry turbocharged, air-to-air aftercooled|
|Number of cylinders||
|Bore x stroke||114 mm x 144.5 mm||4.49" x 5.69"|
|Piston displacement||8.85 ltr||540 in³|
||All-speed and mid-range, electronic|
|SAE J1995 - Gross||164 kW||220 HP|
|ISO 9249 / SAE J1349 - Net||162 kW||217 HP|
|Fan drive type||
||Gear pump, force lubrication|
|*EPA Tier 4 Final emissions certified||
Double-reduction final drive of spur and planetary gear sets to increase tractive effort and reduce gear tooth stresses for long final drive life. Segmented sprocket teeth are bolt-on for easy replacement.
Closed-center load sensing system (CLSS) designed for precise and responsive control, and for efficient simultaneous operation.
Hydraulic control units:
All spool valves externally mounted beside the hydraulic tank. Piston type hydraulic pump with capacity (discharge flow) of 248 ltr/min 65.5 U.S. gal/min at rated engine rpm.
|Relief valve setting||27.9 MPa / 285 kg/cm²||4,050 psi|
|Spool control valves for SIGMADOZER® or straight tilt dozer||
||Raise, hold, lower, and float|
||Right, hold, and left|
||Raise, hold, and lower|
Service Refill Capacities
|Fuel tank||415 ltr||109.6 U.S. gal|
|DEF tank||23.5 ltr
||6.2 U.S. gal|
|Coolant||49 ltr||12.9 U.S. gal|
|Engine||30.5 ltr||8.1 U.S. gal|
|Torque converter, transmission, bevel gear, and steering system||48 ltr||12.7 U.S. gal|
|Final drive (each side)|
|D65EX-18 non PAT
||16.5 ltr||4.4 U.S. gal|
|D65EX-18 with PAT||22 ltr||5.8 U.S. gal|
|D65PX-18||22 ltr||5.8 U.S. gal|
|D65WX-18||22 ltr||5.8 U.S. gal|
Palm Command Control System (PCCS) lever controls for all directional movements. Pushing the PCCS lever forward results in forward machine travel, while pulling it rearward reverses the machine. Simply tilt the PCCS lever to left to make a left turn. Tilt it to the right for a right turn.
Hydrostatic Steering System (HSS) is powered by steering planetary units and a hydraulic pump and motor. Counter rotation turns are also available. Wet, multiple-disc, pedal controlled service brakes are spring-actuated and hydraulically released. Gear shift lock lever also applies parking brake.
|Minimum turning radius:||
|D65EX-18 with PAT||2.0 m||6'7"|
Komatsu TORQFLOW transmission consists of a water-cooled, 3-element, 1-stage, 2-phase, torque converter with lockup clutch, and a planetary gear, multiple-disc clutch transmission which is electronically controlled, hydraulically actuated and force-lubricated for optimum heat dissipation. Shift lock lever and neutral safety switch.
|Suspension||Oscillating equalizer bar and pivot shaft|
|Track roller frame||Monocoque, large section, durable construction|
|Rollers and idlers||Lubricated|
|Track shoes||Parallel Link Undercarriage System (PLUS) with lubricated rotating bushings for extended system wear life and lower maintenance costs. Track tension is easily adjusted with grease gun.|
- Air cleaner, double element with dust indicator
- Alternator, 90 ampere/24V
- Auto idle shutdown function
- Backup alarm
- Batteries, 200 Ah/2 x 12V
- Battery disconnect switch
- Blade lift cylinders
- Color monitor, LCD
- Decelerator pedal
- Engine hood
- Engine intake centrifugal precleaner
- Engine, gull-wing side covers
- Engine shutdown secondary switch
- Front pull hook
- High mount foot rests
- Horn, warning
- Hydraulic driven radiator cooling fan with reverse clean mode
- Hydraulics for rear equipment
- KOMTRAX® Level 5
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF)
- Komatsu Variable Geometry Turbocharger (KVGT)
- Locks, filler caps and covers
- Muffler with curved exhaust pipe
- Oil pressure check ports for power train
- Operator ID function
- PM service connector
- Radiator mask, heavy-duty, hinged, perorated
- Radiator reserve tank
- Rear cover
- ROPS cab**
- 75 dB operator ear noise level
- Air conditioner
- Cab accessories 12V power supply (2 ports)
– Cup holder
– Rearview mirror
– Rear view monitoring (1 camera)
– AM/FM Radio w/remote AUX plug (3.5 mm)
- Shovel holder
- Work lights
– 2 front, hood mounted
– 2 front, cab mounted
– 1 rear, left fender mounted
– 2 rear, cab mounted
- Seat, air suspension, fabric, heated low back, rotates 12.5° to right, headrest
- Seat belt, 76 mm 3", retractable
- Seat belt indicator
- Sealed electrical connectors
- Secondary engine shutoff switch
- Starting motor, 11.0 kW/24V
- Steering system: Hydrostatic Steering System (HSS)
- Torque converter with auto lock-up
- Track roller guards, center and end sections
- Track shoe assembly
– Heavy-Duty lubricated rotary bushing (PLUS) track
- 560 mm 22" single grouser shoe (EX with PAT)
- 610 mm 24" single grouser shoe (EX with outside mount blade)
- 760 mm 30" single grouser shoe (WX with outside mount blade)
- 760 mm 30" single grouser shoe (PX, WX with PAT)
- 915 mm 36" single grouser shoe (PX with outside mount blade)
- Transmission with auto/manual shift modes
- Underguards, heavy duty
- Hinged belly pan
- Water separator
- Wide core cooling package
* Dozer assembly and rear mounted equipment are not included in base machine standard equipment
** Cab meets OSHA/MSHA ROPS and FOPS Level 2 standards
WASTE HANDLER PACKAGE
- Trash rack
- Rear counterweight (with striker bars) HD 1046 kg 2,306 l0
- – 8 plates @ 44 kg 97 lb each
- 140 Amp alternator
- Front striker bars
- Rear striker bars
- Deflector bars
- Engine air cleaner
- Cab air cleaner
- Tank guards
- Roof mounted AC
- Engine thermal wraps
- KDPF cover
- Track shoe hole
- Final drive seals
- Additional work lights
- – 2 additional
- – cylinder mounted
- Additional perforations
- Auto reversing fan
- 2 piece radiator door
- Powered belly pan winch
- Alternator precleaner kit
- Powered cab air precleaner
- Straight tilt frame for use with allied blades
- Topcon® Plug-N-Play bolt-on finishing kit
- Track roller guard, full length
- Track shoe hole
Multi-shank ripper (for D65EX/WX)
1920 kg 4,230 lb
- Beam length
2170 mm 7'1"
- Maximum lift above ground
640 mm 2'1"
- Maximum digging depth
590 mm 1'11"