- 31,438 lbs Operating Weight
- 131 @ 2200 rpm Horsepower
- 4.4 yd³ Blade Capacity
The D51EX/PX-24 sets the standard for general-purpose construction dozers. Built for precise, high-speed grading, the new Tier 4 Final engine and electronically-controlled hydrostatic transmission together burn up to 13 percent less fuel and remain easy to maintain. In addition, the new PX model, high capacity, high-wear-resistant, HST dozer blade offers up to 15 percent more production. Also, the Standard Parallel Link Undercarriage System (PLUS) has rotating bushings, which help reduce undercarriage wear especially while traveling in reverse at high speeds. For jobsite applications ranging from golf course construction to highway projects, the Komatsu D51-24 is the obvious choice.
High Capacity High WearResistant HST Dozer Blade
The D51PX PAT high-capacity (4.4 yd3), high wear-resistant blade can increase production.
Production increased by up to 15%
HST with Electronic Control
The D51EX/PX-24 is equipped with Komatsu-designed HST that allows for Quick-Shift or variable speed selection. The HST consists of dual-path closed-circuits, with two variable displacement piston pumps and two variable displacement travel motors. Hydrostatic steering eliminates steering clutches and brakes, providing smooth, powerful turns. Fully electronic control provides complete automatic shifting and enables smooth control. Engine speed is controlled using an electronic fuel control dial.
Komatsu New Emission Regulations compliant Engine
SAA4D107E-3 EPA Tier 4 Final emissions certified engine has a water cooled variable geometry turbocharged and aftercooled 4.5 liter diesel engine which provides up to 13% increased fuel efficiency.
Parallel Link Undercarriage System
Komatsu's PLUS rotating bush design provides less downtime, longer wear, and with up to 40% lower undercarriage maintenance costs, than conventional undercarriage. Rotating bushings eliminate the cost and downtime for bushing turns, and strengthened rollers and links increase wear life up to two times. With PLUS, individual links can be replaced with common track tools.
PAT Dozer with Adjustable Pitch
A high wear-resistant power angle, power tilt dozer blade with adjustable blade pitch is available on the D51EX/PX-24. The hydraulic blade tilt and angling function expands versatility and productivity in a variety of applications.
Swing Up Fan
The D51EX/PX-24 utilizes a swing-up fan with a gas strut-assisted lift system to provide easy access to the (side-by-side) radiator, oil cooler and charge air cooler. The hydraulic fan is reversible to help keep the radiator cores clean and simplify maintenance.
Unrivaled Blade Visibility
The D51EX/PX-24 incorporates Komatsu's superslant nose design. Komatsu's innovative design provides excellent blade visibility for improved machine control and increased efficiency and productivity.
|Type||4-cycle, water-cooled, direct injection|
|Aspiration||Variable geometry, water-cooled, turbocharged,
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Bore x stroke||107 mm x 124 mm||4.21" x 4.88"|
|Piston displacement||4.5 ltr||275 in³|
|SAE J1995 - Gross||99 kW||133 HP|
|ISO 9249 / SAE J1349 - Net||98 kW||131 HP|
|Hydraulic fan at maximum speed - Net||91 kW||122 HP|
|Fan drive type||Hydraulic|
|Method||Gear pump, force lubrication|
*EPA Tier 4 Final emissions certified
In-shoe mounted, axial-piston-type travel motors, with integrated two-stage planetary gear reduction. Compact, in-shoe mount reduces risk of damage by debris. Bolt-on sprocket ring with triple labyrinth seal design.
|Closed-Center Load Sensing System (CLSS) designed for precise
and responsive control, and for efficient simultaneous operation.
|Hydraulic control unit:|
|All spool control valves externally mounted remote to the hydraulic
tank. Piston-type hydraulic pump with capacity (discharge flow) of
97 ltr/min 26 U.S. gal/min at rated engine rpm.
|Relief valve setting||27.4 MPa / 280 kg/cm²||3,983 psi|
|Hydraulic cylinders||Double-acting, piston type|
|Number of cylinders:||Bore||Bore|
|Blade lift / 2||90 mm||3.5"|
|Blade tilt / 1||100 mm||4"|
|Blade angle / 2||90 mm||3.5"|
|Hydraulic oil capacity (refill):|
|Power angle tilt dozer||64 ltr||17 U.S. gal|
|3-spool control valve for power angle tilt dozer|
|Blade lift||Raise, hold, lower, and float|
|Blade tilt||Right, hold, and left|
|Blade angle||Right, hold, and left|
|Additional control valve required for ripper.|
|Ripper lift||Raise, hold and lower|
Dual-path, hydrostatic transmission provides infinite speed changes up to 9.0 km/h 5.6 mph. The variable capacity travel motors allow the operator to select the optimum speed to match specific jobs. Travel control lock lever and neutral switch.
(quick shift mode)
|2nd|| 0–5.6 km/h
|Tractor weight:||Including ROPS cab, U frame for Power Angle Tilt (PAT)
dozer, rated capacity of lubricant, coolant, full fuel tank,
operator, and standard equipment.
|Operating weight:||Including Power Angle Tilt (PAT) dozer, ROPS cab, operator,
standard equipment, rated capacity of lubricant, hydraulic
control unit, coolant, and full fuel tank.
Service Refill Capacities
|Coolant||37 ltr||9.8 U.S. gal|
|Fuel tank||270 ltr||71.3 U.S. gal|
|Engine oil||16ltr||4.2 U.S. gal|
|Hydraulic tank||64 ltr||17 U.S. gal|
|Final drive (each side)||5.5ltr||1.5 U.S. gal|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank||20.5 ltr||5.42 U.S. gal|
Palm Command Control System (PCCS) joystick control for all directional movements. Pushing the joystick forward results in forward machine travel, while pulling it back reverses the machine. Simply tilt the joystick to the left or right to make a turn. Tilting the joystick fully to the left or right activates counter-rotation.
Hydrostatic Transmission (HST) provides smooth, powerful turns. Fully electronic control enables smooth control that can be adjusted in the monitor. The PCCS utilizes shift buttons to increase and decrease speed.
|Minimum turning radius:||2.6 m||
*As measured by track marks on the ground at pivot turn.
|Track roller frame||Monocoque, large section, durable construction|
|Rollers and idlers||Lubricated track rollers|
|Sealed & lubricated track||Track tension easily adjusted w/grease gun|
|Number of track rollers (each side)||7|
|Type of shoes (standard)||Single grouser|
|Number of shoes (each side)||44|
|Grouser height||55 mm||2.2"|
|Shoe width (standard)||710mm||28"|
|Ground contact area||38980 cm²||6,042 in²|
(with dozer, ROPS cab)
|0.32 kgf/cm² / 32.1 kPa||4.66 psi|
|Track gauge||1880 mm||6'2"|
|Length of track on ground
- Accumulator for Electric Proportional Control (EPC)
- Air cleaner, dry, double element type with caution lamp on monitor
- Air conditioner (A/C)
- Air inlet
- Alternator, 24 V/85 A
- Back-up alarm
- Batteries, large capacity 24 V/92 Ah
- Cab accessories
—12 V × 2 power supply
—Rear view mirror
—Rear view monitor system
- Crankcase guard and underguard
- Decelerator/brake pedal (Single pedal)
- Electronically controlled Hydrostatic Transmission (HST) with quick-shift and variable speed settings
- Electronic monitor panel with on-board diagnostics
- Engine hood and side panels
- Engine, KOMATSU SAA4D107E-3, gross output of 98 kW 131 HP, direct injection, water-cooled turbocharged, air-to-air aftercooler, cooled EGR, EPA Tier 4 Final and
- EU Stage 4 emissions certified
- Fan, hydraulic driven, electronic control
- Filler cap locks and cover locks
- Foot rest, high mounted
- Fuel pre-filter (10 micron) and fuel filter (2 micron)
- Grease gun holder
- High altitude arrangement (No fuel adjustment up to 2300 m)
- Hydraulics for PAT dozer
- Intake pipe with precleaner
- Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (KDOC)
- KOMTRAX Level 5.0
- Large high-resolution LCD
- Lunch box holder
- Marks and plates, English
- New Operator Identification System
- Palm Command Control System (PCCS) with electronic control for travel control
- Palm Command Control System (PCCS) with EPC for blade control
- Power turn with counter rotation
- Pullhook, front
- Radiator guard grid
- Radiator reserve tank
- Real-time DEF monitoring
- Rear-hinged radiator guard
- Reverse travel speed presets
- ROPS cab
- Meets ISO 3471, SAE J/ISO 3471 ROPS standards, and ISO 3449 FOPS standard.
- Seat belt, 76 mm 3" retractable
- Seat, air suspension, fabric, heated, low back, headrest
- Shovel holder
- Starting motor, 24 V/4.5 kW
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Self adjusting roller
- Sprockets, bolt-on
- Sprocket inner guard
- Track roller guards, end section
- Track shoe assembly (PLUS)
- Sealed and lubricated
- D51EX-24: 560 mm 22" single grouser shoe
- D51PX-24: 710 mm 28" single grouser shoe
- Triple labyrinth final drive
- Water separator
- Worklamp (Front 3, rear 2)
- Dozer assembly and rear-mounted equipment are not included in base machine price.
- Dozer assembly
- Hydraulics for rear equipment
- Track roller guard, full length