- 440,920 - 450,000 lbs Operating Weight
- 956 @1800 rpm Horsepower
- 15.7 - 17.9 yd³ Bucket Capacity
Komatsu’s “Operator First” design concept is exemplified in the PC2000-8. The cab is designed for mining with 30% more cab volume, a full front window with two wipers, OPG level 2 top cab guard, extensive exterior lighting, a 7” LCD color monitor with Eco-gauge and an air suspension seat. The operator can tailor his machine performance using the Economy, Power or Heavy Lift modes for maximizing efficiency.
Powerful and Fuel Efficient Machine Achieved by Total Power Management PC2000-8 is equipped with the new Komatsu SAA12V140E engine that features clean, fuel efficient, and powerful performance. Power losses in hydraulic system, cooling fan, and PTO are reduced. Total Power Management using On-demand Power Control System succeeds in drastically reducing the fuel consumption per hour. The machine has enhanced functions that contribute to energy-saving operation including adjustable ‘E mode’ and ‘Eco-gauge’. The PC2000-8 is a new generation, clean, and economical machine.
High Power Komatsu Engine
713 kW (956 HP) Equipped with a high efficiency turbocharger with large air-to-air aftercooler, the engine delivers high output of 713 kW 956 HP. The ample engine power enables an increase in work efficiency. The clean engine is EPA Tier 2 emissions certified.
Heavy Lift Mode
Turning the heavy lift mode switch on activates the all-out power delivery system to increase the lifting force of the boom. This mode is beneficial when handling rock and during heavy lifting applications.
Selectable Working Modes
Two established work modes are further improved. You can select Power or Economy modes using a one-touch operation on the monitor panel. Two E-mode settings available, enabling the operator to select the mode that delivers the best combination of production and fuel efficiency for the working conditions.
The Eco-gauge is provided on the right side of the monitor screen for energy saving operation. The gauge informs the operator of cumulative achievement to a predetermined fuel consumption target. By keeping the gauge indication within the green range, the operator can perform fuelefficient operation to meet the target value.
Power Module Packaging for Easy Installation and Removal of Components
Engine, radiator, oil cooler, hydraulic pumps, and PTO are packaged within the Power module. This design facilitates installation and removal of components, contributing to the reduction of maintenance, transportation, and overhaul hours.
Strengthened Frame Structure
Revolving frame, center frame, and crawler frame are strengthened completely. The frames endure heavy-duty work and exhibit excellent durability.
Durable Swing Circle with Triple-Roller Bearing
Large capacity triple-roller bearing is used for the swing circle. The swing circle endures heavy-duty excavating and loading work, and exhibits excellent durability.
Sturdy Guard/Large Track Link
Travel motors are shielded by sturdy guards. They prevent the motors from being damaged by the thrust of rocks. Enlarged track rollers, in combination with the largest track links, provide excellent durability.
Controller monitors engine oil level, coolant temperature, battery charge, air clogging, etc. If controller senses any abnormality, it is displayed on the LCD.
Monitor indicates replacement time of oil and filters on LCD and warns the operator when service is due.
Automatic Greasing System
Greasing of the work equipment and bucket is fully automated. Greasing is hassle-free since the system carries out automatic greasing at regular time intervals.
Excellent Operational Visibility
Downward visibility is greatly improved by the extended front windshield offering the operator a better view of machine footing. The new interior arrangement, in combination with wide glass windows, improves visibility on the work equipment side and provides excellent visibility of the surroundings.
New Operator Cab Specially Designed for Mining
New operator cab provides a comfortable working environment. Sturdy cab of solid construction, with integrated top guard conforming to OPG level 2.
Engine Stop Devices & Fuel Cut-Off Lever
Engine stop devices are provided at two points on the power module as standard equipment. Engine start lock function of the switch is used during maintenance work. In addition, a fuel cut- off lever provided on the revolving frame allows stopping the engine from the ground.
Rearview Monitoring System (optional)
Up to three video cameras can be installed to monitor the rear of the machine (full-screen or split- screen display selectable).
Comfortable Operating Environment with Same
Level of Low Noise as Passenger Cars Integral structure of cab and new damper mounts, in combination with power module packaging, attain outstanding low noise and vibration in the cab, equivalent to passenger cars.
Large 7-inch TFT-LCD Monitor
The machine is equipped with a large 7-inch TFT-LCD monitor. Panel visibility is significantly improved by the use of the high-resolution TFT-LCD panel. The panel switch group is easy-to-use, enabling switch over of engine output and increase of lifting force during operation. Furthermore, use of function key enables the operator to perform multi-functions with ease. Character display can be selected among nine languages.
|Type||4-cycle, water-cooled, direct injection|
|Number of cylinders||12|
|Piston displacement||1860 in³||30.48 ltr|
|SAE J1995 - Gross||976 HP||728 kW|
|ISO 9249 / SAE J1349 - Net||956 HP||713 kW|
|Hydraulic fan at maximum speed||910 HP||679 kW|
|Rated rpm||1800 rpm|
|Fan drive type||Hydraulic|
|Type||Open-center load sensing system|
|Number of selectable working modes||2|
|Type||Variable displacement piston pumps|
|Pumps for||Boom, arm, bucket, swing and travel circuits|
|For attachment, swing and travel||612.2 U.S. gpm||2317 ltr/min|
|For fan drive||85.6 U.S. gpm||324 ltr/min|
|Travel||2 x axial piston motors with parking brake|
|Swing||2 x axial piston motors with swing holding brake|
|Fan||2 x axial piston motors|
|Relief valve setting:|
|Backhoe||4,270 psi||29.4 MPa 300 kgf/cm2|
|Loading shovel||4,270 psi||29.4 MPa 300 kgf/cm2|
|Travel circuit||4,760 psi||32.9 MPa 335 kgf/cm2|
|Swing circuit||4,270 psi||29.4 MPa 300 kgf/cm2|
|Pilot circuit||430 psi||2.9 MPa 30 kgf/cm2|
|Number of cylinders||Bore x Stroke||Bore x Stroke|
|Boom / 2||11.8" x 104.2"||300 mm x 2647 mm|
|Arm / 2||9.8" x 84.2"||250 mm x 2138 mm|
|Bucket||7.9" x 85.4"||200 mm x 2170 mm|
|Boom / 2||11.0" x 76.0"||280 mm x 1930 mm|
|Arm / 2||7.9" x 85.4"||200 mm x 2170 mm|
|Bucket / 2||8.9" x 80.7"||225 mm x 2050 mm|
|Bottom dump / 2||7.1" x 23.6"||180 mm x 600 mm|
|Travel gear||Planetary gear|
|Maximum travel speed||1.7 mph||2.7 km/h|
|Parking brakes||Mechanical disc brakes|
|Swing gear||2 x Planetary gear|
|Swing circle lubrication||Grease|
|Swing holding brakes||Mechanical disc brakes|
|Swing speed||4.8 rpm|
|No. of shoes||49 each side|
|No. of carrier rollers||3 each side|
|No. of track rollers||8 each side|
Coolant and Lubricant Capacity (Refilling)
|Fuel tank||898.3 U.S. gal||3400 ltr|
|Radiator||47.6 U.S. gal||180 ltr|
|Engine||31.7 U.S. gal||120 ltr|
|Travel gear, each side||22.5 U.S. gal||85 ltr|
|Swing drive||7.9 x 2 U.S. gal||30 x 2 ltr|
|Hydraulic tank||343.5 U.S. gal||1300 ltr|
|PTO||7.9 U.S. gal||30 ltr|
ENGINE AND RELATED ITEMS:
- Air cleaner, double element dry (Inside mounted)
- Two cooling fans with fan guard (Hydraulic drive, for radiator and oil cooler)
- Engine, Komatsu SAA12V140E-3
- Fuel pre-filters with water separators
- Corrosion resistors
- Alternators, 2 x 90 amp, 24V
- Batteries, 140 Ah, 4 x 12V
- Starting motors, 2 x 11 kW
- Working lights, 4 boom, 4 cab base, 3 fuel tank top front, 1 left front and 1 left under cab side catwalk
- Auto decelerator and auto idling system
- AM/FM radio
- Lighted switches on instrument panel
- 810 mm / 32" double grouser shoes
- 8 track rollers / 3 carrier rollers (each side)
- Hydraulic idler cushion (HIC) with shock absorbing accumulator
- Track guiding guard (Separate type)
GUARDS AND COVERS:
- Dustproof net for radiator and oil cooler
- Pump/engine room partition cover
- Power module under cover
- Travel motor guard
- Large damper mounted and pressurized mining shovel cab with large tinted windshield, lockable door, large twin wipers and washers, floor mats, cigarette lighter, ashtray and cup holders
- Instrument panel with electronic display/monitor system (7"-TFTLCD), electrically-controlled throttle dial, electric service meter, gauges (coolant temperature, hydraulic oil temp., fuel level, PTO oil temp., engine oil temp.), truck counters, eco-gauge
- Built-in top guard conforming to OPG level 2 (ISO)
- Automatic air conditioners (twin)
- Seat, fully adjustable air suspension with retractable seat belt
- Trainer's seat
- Sun shield
- Fire extinguisher
- EOLSS (Electric Open Center Load Sensing System)
- 4 variable displacement piston pumps (2 tandem pumps) for work equipment, travel and swing, 2 variable displacement piston pumps (1 tandem pump) for fan drive
- Two axial piston motors for swing with single stage relief valve
- One axial piston motor per track for travel with counterbalance valve
- Four control valves (two integrated valves) for work equipment, swing and travel
- Control levers for work equipment and swing with PPC system
- Control levers and pedals for travel with PPC system
- Oil cooler
- High-pressure in-line oil filters
- Drain-filters for pumps & motors
- Shockless boom control
- Two-mode pressure setting for boom
- Planetary travel gear with axial piston motor
- Travel parking brake
OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT:
- Fully-automatic greasing system with 200 liter 52.8 U.S. gal.
- Manual grease gun for track adjuster
- Fixed emergency escape ladder
- Fully hydraulic ladder
- Fuel tank, 3400 liter 898 U.S. gal.
- Automatic swing holding brake
- Emergency engine stop switch and fuel shut-off lever
- Maintenance light for night
- Step light with timer
- Light in machine cab
- Travel alarm
- Wide catwalk and large handrail
- Interconnected horn and flashing light
- Dual rearview mirrors
- VHMS (with Orbcomm)
- 3900 mm 12'10'' arm assembly
Arms (Loading shovel):
- 4450 mm 14'7'' arm assembly
- 8700 mm 28'7'' boom assembly
- HID lamp system
- Rearview monitoring system
- Cab front guard
- PM tune-up service connection
- Track shoe, 1010 mm 40' triple grouser
- Center frame under cover
- Grease refill system (Wiggins)
- Fuel quick charge system (Wiggins)
- Heavy-duty rock bucket
- 55°C / 131°F spec.
- Additional filter system for poor-quality fuel
- Additional pre-cleaner for engine air filter (Enginaire)
- Full length track guiding guards