- 17,747 lbs Operating Weight
- 65.5 @ 1950 rpm Horsepower
- 0.12 - 0.44 yd³ Bucket Capacity
Standard value added features provide operators with flexible jobsite performance.
New engine and hydraulic technology improves productivity by up to 3% and lowers fuel consumption by up to 5%.
The improved vehicle control contributes to increased productivity while maintaining low fuel consumption.
up to 3% increase
(Compared to the PC78US-8)
Maximum drawbar pull
up to 2% increase
(Compared to the PC78US-8)
Equipped with a Blade as Standard Equipment
A blade for efficient back-filling and leveling work is equipped as standard. The dedicated pump for the blade enables smooth dozing operation.
True Tight Tail Swing For Confined Areas
Short implement swing radius
12' 2" (3710 mm) boom raising angle of the PC78US-10 is larger than a conventional profile excavator. The result is reduced front implement swing radius.
Tight tail swing radius
4' 7" 1390 mm short tail swing radius of the PC78US-10 allows the machine to work in more confined areas than a conventional machine.
Round Profile of both Front and Rear
Portion of the Upper Structure
Komatsu tighttail hydraulic excavators allows the machine to work in surprisingly tight quarters.
100% "passive regeneration"
The new Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (KDOC) has an integrated design that does not interfere with daily operation. This smart and simplified system removes soot using 100% "passive regeneration" without the need for a Diesel Particulate Filter. The KDOC is a simple design and does not have a scheduled service interval like a DPF and is designed for long life with no scheduled maintenance required. For owners, this means lower owning and operating costs due to less complexity and seamless operation.
||Water cooled, 4-cycle, direct injection|
||Variable flow, turbocharged, air-to-air aftercooled EGR|
|Number of cylinders||
|Piston displacement||3.26 ltr||199 in³|
|SAE J1995 - Gross||50.7 kW||68 HP|
|ISO 9249 / SAE J1349 - Net||48.8 kW||65.5 HP|
|Governor||All-speed control, electronic|
|Method||Gear pump, force-lubrication|
|Air cleaner||Air cleaner, double element and auto dust evacuator|
|*EPA Tier 4 Final emissions certified||
Type: HydrauMind (Hydraulic Mechanical Intelligence New Design) system, closed-center system with load sensing valve and pressure compensated valve
Number of selectable working modes: 6
|Pumps for||Boom, arm, bucket, and travel circuits|
||Variable capacity piston type, axial piston|
|Maximum flow||160 ltr/min||42.2 u.s. gal/min|
|Pumps for||Swing and blade|
||Fixed displacement gear|
|Maximum flow||63 ltr/min||16.64 u.s. gal/min|
||1 x piston motor with swing holding brake|
|Relief valve setting:||
|Implement, travel circuit||26.5 MPa / 270 kgf/cm²||3,844 psi|
|Travel circuit||27.0 MPa 275 kgf/cm2||3,916 psi|
|Swing circuit||21.1 MPa / 215 kgf/cm²||3,060 psi|
|Blade circuit (Raise)||12.7 MPa / 130 kgf/cm²||1,842 psi|
|Blade circuit (Lower)||20.0 MPa / 210 kgf/cm²||2,900 psi|
(Number of cylinders – bore x stroke x rod diameter)
|Boom / 1||115 mm x 858 mm x 65 mm||4.53" x 33.8" x 2.56"|
|Arm / 1||100 mm x 861 mm x 60 mm||3.9" x 33.9" x 2.36"|
|Bucket / 1||90 mm x 710 mm x 55 mm||3.54" x 27.95" x 2.17"|
|Blade / 1||130 mm x 200 mm x 65 mm||5.12" x 7.87" x 2.56"|
Drives & Brakes
|Steering control||Two levers with pedals|
|Drive method||Fully hydrostatic|
|Maximum drawbar pull||68.2 kN 6950 kgf
|Maximum travel speed:|
|Service brake||Hydraulic lock|
|Parking brake||Mechanical disc|
|Driven by||Hydraulic motor|
|Swing reduction||Planetary gear|
|Swing circle lubrication||Grease-bathed|
|Swing lock||Mechanical disc brake|
|Swing speed||10 rpm|
|Center frame||X-frame leg
|Number of carrier shoes (each side)||39|
|Number of carrier rollers (each side)||1|
|Number of track rollers (each side)||5|
Coolant & Lubricant Capacity (refilling)
|Fuel tank||125 ltr||33.0 u.s. gal|
|Radiator||13 ltr||3.43 u.s. gal|
|Engine||11.5 ltr||3.04 u.s. gal|
|Final drive, each side||1.1 ltr||0.29 u.s. gal|
|Swing drive||2.0 ltr||0.53 u.s. gal|
|Hydraulic tank||56 ltr||14.8 u.s. gal|
Operating weight includes 3710 mm 12'2" one-piece boom, 2250 mm 7'5" arm, SAE heaped 0.2 m3 0.26 yd3 bucket, rated capacity of lubricants, coolant, full fuel tank, operator, and standard equipment.
|Track Shoes||Operating weight||Ground Pressure
|450 mm 18"||7910 kg
|34.9 kPa / 0.36 kg/cm2
|600 mm 24"||8080 kg
|26.7 kPa / 0.27 kg/cm2
|450 mm 18"
|35.1 kPa / 0.36 kg/cm2
- 2320 mm 7'8" blade
- Alternator, 24 Ampere, 60V
- AM/FM radio
- Automatic engine warm-up system
- Automatic air conditioner/heater
- Auxiliary input (3.5mm jack)
- Battery disconnect switch
- Converter, (2) x 12V
- Counterweight, 490 kg 1,080 lb
- Dry type air cleaner, double element
- Electric horn
- EMMS monitoring system
- Engine, Komatsu SAA4D95LE-6
- Engine overheat prevention system
- Extended work equipment grease interval
- Fan guard structure
- Fuel system pre-cleaner 10 micron
- Hydraulic control unit, 1 actuator
- Hydraulic track adjusters
- Large LCD color monitor, high resolution
- Lock lever
- Mirrors, (LH and RH)
- Operator Protective Top Guard (OPG), Level 1
- Pattern change valve (ISO to BH control)
- PPC hydraulic control system
- Pump/engine room partition cover
- Radiator and oil cooler dustproof net
- Rear reflectors
- Rearview monitoring system (1 camera)
- Revolving frame undercovers
- ROPS cab
- Seat belt, retractable, 76mm 3"
- Seat belt indicator
- Secondary engine shutoff switch
- Service valve
- Slip resistant foot plates
- Starter motor, 4.5kW
- Suction fan
- Thermal and fan guards
- Travel alarm
- Working lights, 2 cab/1 boom LH
- Working mode selection system
- Arms – 2250 mm 7'5" arm assembly
- Boom – 3710 mm 12'2" arm assembly
- Shoes, road liner, 450 mm 18"
- Shoes, triple grouser, 450 mm 18"
- Shoes, triple grouser, 600 mm 24"
- Shoes, rubber shoe, 600 mm 24"
- Track roller guard
- Blade assembly 2330 mm 7'8"
- Wide blade 2470 mm 8'1" (requires 600 mm 24" shoes)