- 550,000 lbs Max Gross Vehicle Weight
- 1,500 @1900 rpm Gross HP
- 158.9 U.S. tons Capacity
The HD1500 has a capacity of 159 tons or 102 yd3. The fully automatic seven speed transmission with lock-up and skip-shift give the operator the speed and response he needs to meet production demands. On down hills, the operator has oil cooled multi-disc retarder and brakes to control his fully loaded truck. A tight turning radius and hydropneumatic suspension make the HD1500-7 very maneuverable in tight quarters and provide a cushioned ride for better load retention and more comfortable ride.
Advanced K-ATOMiCS with Skip-shift
The electronically controlled all clutch modulation system (K-ATOMiCS), optimizes the clutch engagement oil pressure at every gear. This system optimizes the clutch lock-up process for smoother shifting with minimal torque shock.
When driving uphill, the skip-shift function automatically selects the gear according to the slope of the grade. This function reduces the number of down-shifts, making the driving smoother, improving the operator’s comfort and reducing potential material spillage.
Automatic Retard Speed Control
ARSC allows the operator to set a desired machine speed according to the grade of the road. This function manages the speed of all four wheels, allowing adjustments of the desired speed on grade by using the options available in the ARSC lever.
The MacPherson front suspension system has a special A-frame between each wheel and the main frame. The wider space created between the front wheels and the main frame increases the turning angle of the wheels. The turning radius of the HD1500-7 is 12.2 m 40', which provides excellent maneuverability in tight loading and dumping conditions. In addition, a secondary steering system provides emergency hydraulic power in the case of sudden loss of engine power or steering hydraulic pressure. The steering accumulators comply with ISO-5010 standards.
The linkage arrangement utilized in the MacPherson independent front suspension system allows the front wheels to smoothly follow the undulation of the road surface, providing excellent riding comfort.
Ergonomically Designed Cab
The Komatsu HD1500-7 cab provides a comfortable and productive environment to meet today's mining market demand. The cab includes tinted glass windows, heating and air conditioning, acoustical insulation, double sealed doors, and pressurized air filtration system. The instrument panel makes it easy to monitor critical machine functions.
Machine events are recorded and indicated as service codes. A caution light warns the operator of any problems that may occur. This makes the machine more user friendly and easier to service.
Enhanced Frame Design
The HD1500-7 frame has been enhanced to meet more stringent Komatsu Engineering Standards (KES). This enhanced frame design focuses on improving stress distribution in order to offer superior strength. Furthermore, increased casting thickness in high stress areas provides the structural flexibility needed to carry loads and absorb impacts in the toughest haul road conditions.
Automatic Lubrication System
The automatic lubrication system is designed to reduce service downtime and improve durability of all pin joints by having a centralized module that automatically distributes grease at adjustable intervals. In addition, this hydraulically activated system can be adjusted to deliver the precise amount of grease required by each joint.
10-10-20 Load Policy Criteria
Recognizing that variation occurs naturally in material density, fill factors, and loading equipment, Komatsu America Corp. deems it necessary to establish a consistent payload policy. This payload policy is intended to identify the guidelines and limitations for the loading of Komatsu mining trucks, and is valid for approved applications and haul profiles only.
- The average monthly payload must not exceed the rated payload of the truck.
- 90% of all loads must be below 110% of the rated payload of the truck.
- 10% of all loads may be between 110% and 120% of the rated payload of the truck.
- No single payload may exceed 120% of the rated payload of the truck.
|Final drive type||Planetary gear|
|Struck||71 yd³||54 m³|
|Heaped (2:1, SAE)||102 yd³||78 m³|
|Nominal payload||158.9 U.S. tons||144.1 metric tons|
|Material||400 Brinell hardness high tensile strength steel (front, sides, and bottom)|
|Structure||Flat floor configuration|
|Target area (inside length x width)||25'2"x 18'9"||7670 mm x 5705 mm|
|Height at full dump||37'6"||11440 mm|
Brakes meet ISO 3450 standard.
|Front||Fully hydraulic control, oil-cooled multiple-disc type|
|Rear||Fully hydraulic control, oil-cooled multiple-disc type|
|Parking brake||Spring applied, oil-released, 3 caliper dry disc mounted on input yoke to differential|
|Retarder||Oil-cooled, multiple-disc front and rear brakes act as retarder|
|Secondary brake||Manual - push button operated.
Automatically applied prior to hydraulic system pressure dropping below established level.
|Braking surface||24,668 in²||159148 cm³|
|Number of cylinders||12|
|Bore x Stroke||6.26" x 7.48"||159 mm x 190 mm|
|Piston displacement||2,746 in³||45 ltr|
|SAE J1995 / Gross||1,487 HP||1109 kW|
|ISO 9249 / SAE J1349 / Net||1,406 HP||1048 kW|
|Rated rpm||1,900 rpm|
|Fan drive type||Mechanical|
|Maximum torque||5,041 lb ft||697 kg•m|
|Fuel system||Direct injection|
|Method||Gear pump, force-lubrication|
|Air cleaner||Dry type with double elements and pre-cleaned, with dust indicator|
|Hoist cylinder||Two, 3-stage telescopic type|
|Relief pressure||2,750 psi||19.0 MPa 193.4 kg/cm²|
Service Refill Capacities
|Fuel tank||560 U.S. gal||2120 ltr|
|Engine oil||51 U.S. Gal||193 ltr|
|Hydraulic system||238 U.S. gal||900 ltr|
|Differential||78 U.S. gal||297 ltr|
|Final drives (total)||63.5 U.S. gal||240 ltr|
|Transmission||40.5 U.S. gal||153 ltr|
|Type||Fully hydraulic power steering with two double-acting cylinders|
|Supplementary steering||Accumulator assist|
|Minimum turning radius||40'||12.2 m|
|Steering angle (left or right)||41°|
|Variable rate, hydropneumatic with integral rebound control.|
|Maximum front stroke||14.76''||375 mm|
|Maximum rear stroke||4.17"||106 mm|
|Rear axle oscillation||+/-9.2°|
|Torque converter||3-elements, 1-stage, 2-phase|
|Transmission||Full-automatic, planetary-shaft type|
|Speed range||7 speeds forward and 1 reverse|
|Lockup clutch||Wet, multiple-disc clutch|
|Forward||Torque converter drive 1st and 2nd gear with direct drive lock-up in 1st through 7th|
|Reverse||Torque converter drive|
|Shift control||Electronic shift control with automatic clutch modulation in all gears|
|Maximum travel speed||36 mph||58 km/h|
|Empty weight||232,144 lb||105300 kg|
|Max. gross vehicle weight||550,000 lb||249478 kg|
|Not to exceed max. gross vehicle weight, including options, fuel and payload.
Empty weight is with 100% fuel and operator.
- Air cleaner (2)
- Battery disconnect
- Engine electronic control
- Engine overspeed protection
- Engine pre-lube system
- Ground level shutdown
- Variable speed engine fan (electronic-over-hydraulic)
- Powertrain Management (these items located in the cab):
- transmission controller
- retard controller
- monitor display
- data download port
- Seven-speed automatic transmission:
- electronic control
- body-up reverse interlock
- body-up shift inhibitor
- downshift/reverse shift inhibitor
- neutral start switch
- transmission belly guard
- Torque converter (electronic lockup control)
- Air conditioning (R134A)
- Electric windows (both doors)
- Glass, tinted
- Instrumentation (gauge and monitor):
- engine coolant temperature
- brake oil temperature
- fuel lever
- shift indicator
- torque converter temperature
- warning lights
- Insulated and sound-suppressed
- Seat, air suspension (driver)
- Seat, passenger
- Side windows, tempered glass
- Steering wheel, tilt and telescopic
- Sun visor
- Windshield washer and wiper
- Back-up light, rear (1)
- Back-up lights, axle mounted (2), deck-mounted (2)
- Clearance lights, front
- Engine service lights (2)
- Headlights, halogen (8)
- Hi-low beam selector
- Instrument panel lights
- Ladder lights, driver side
- Retarder lights (2)
- Stop and tail lights LED
- Turn signals LED
- Back-up warning alarm
- Body up cable
- Drive line protector (front and rear)
- Engine fan and pulley guards
- Exhaust pipe blanket
- Heat shield behind engine
- Horn, electric (2)
- Ladder, deck-to-transmission
- Ladders, right and left (front)
- Mirrors, right and left
- Mud flaps
- Parking brake (3 caliper, spring-applied)
- Reverse hoist interlock
- Rock ejectors
- ROPS/FOPS Level 2 cab-integral 4-post
- Secondary brake system, automatic and manual
- Anti-slip walkway on deck
- Supplementary steering system, automatic
- Auto-Retard Speed Control (ARSC)
- Automatic Spin Regulator (ASR)
- Automatic lubrication system
- Body mounting group
- Fast fill fuel system (Wiggins) right-hand side of the machine
- Integrated Komatsu Payload Meter
- KOMTRAX Plus
- Operation, parts, and maintenance manuals (1 set)
- Rims (6), 24 x 51 (for 33 x 51 and 33R51 tires)
- Tow hooks, front
- Tow pin, rear
- Body with cab and 236 mm 9.29" spill guard
- Body sideboards 669 mm 26.34"
- Disabled truck quick connects
- Ether start
- Fast fill fuel, Wiggins left-hand side
- Fire extinguisher
- Hub odometer, miles or kilometers
- Kim Hot Start
- Muffler, deck-mounted
- Service center, Wiggins left-hand side
- Spare rim
- Suspension cylinder charging tool
- Tires, 33R51
- Tool kit