Automated dozing from rough cut to finish grade, award-winning slant nose design, and no blade mounted sensors
Rolling Meadows, Ill., May 25, 2016 - Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the second generation of their most popular intelligent Machine control Dozer. The new D61EXi/PXi-24 builds on the successful, full line-up of intelligent Machine Control dozers offered by Komatsu.
Featuring a 6.8 liter, 168 horsepower, SAA6D107E-3, EPA Tier 4 Final emissions certified engine, the D61EXi/PXi-24 is environmentally friendly and provides high levels of performance, while reducing fuel consumption and operating costs.
“From first to last pass – rough cut to finish grade – the machine senses blade load, minimizes track slip and ensures operators get the most from every push,” said Sebastian Witkowski, Komatsu product manager. “Also, eliminating the need to install or remove blade mounted sensors each day not only saves on wear and tear and the potential for downtime, it saves operators valuable time that can be used to run the machine longer,” Witkowski said.
INNOVATIVE INTEGRATED INTELLIGENT
The D61EXi/PXi-24 intelligent Machine Control system allows automated operation from heavy dozing to fine grading, achieving up to 8% greater efficiency in moving material, based on start-to-finish grade testing of typical aftermarket machine control systems. The lack of blade mounted sensors and components means there is no need for operators to climb on the blade to install/remove GNSS antennas, no coiled cables to snag, and no electrical connections to slow the start and end of every shift.
Other noteworthy features of the D61EXi/PXi-24 crawler dozer include:
- A choice between quick-shift, three-speed mode and a variable, 20-speed customizable transmission mode to suit personal preferences.
- Proprietary engine and hydrostatic transmission technology that improves machine efficiency and cuts fuel consumption.
- New auto-idle shutdown and economy modes that help reduce idle time and save fuel.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status, DEF consumption, fuel level, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts. Operator ID also makes it possible to view KOMTRAX data by job, application or operator.
- KOMTRAX is included with the D61EXi/PXi-24 at no charge.
- Large, multi-lingual, 7 inch, high-resolution LCD monitor with Ecology Guidance that helps operators observe machine performance for maximum fuel efficiency and follow real-time integrated diagnostics for troubleshooting without a laptop.
- Standard rear-view monitoring system that promotes increased operator awareness of potential worksite hazards.
The D6iEXi/PXi-24, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE™ program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and two complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchanges and DEF tank flushes in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America Corp. also serves the forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality, reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Note: All comparisons and claims of improved performance made herein are made with respect to the prior Komatsu model unless otherwise specifically stated. Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. KOMTRAX® and Komatsu CARE® are registered trademarks of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.