Award-winning, super-slant-nose design, change-on-the-fly work modes that match power to work conditions and an efficient hydrostatic transmission that helps burn up to five percent less fuel
Rolling Meadows, Ill., June 29, 2016 - Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new D39EX/PX-24 crawler dozer, a smooth, powerful, quiet machine for grading across a wide range of applications.
“I’d say to anyone looking for a nimble, powerful machine that’s easy to transport and a breeze to operate, this is the dozer for you,” said Jonathan Tolomeo, Komatsu product manager. “Residential and commercial development, highways, golf courses - the D39EX/PX-24 gets it done on any of these light-to-medium dozing and fine grading applications and more,” Tolomeo said.
Under The Hood:
- A 3.26 L, 105 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA4D95E-7 engine offers the same power, while increasing fuel efficiency with the addition of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF).
- A new water cooled, Variable Flow Turbocharger, provides added durability and excellent engine response.
- The Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst provides 98% passive regeneration and does not interfere with machine operation.
- New auto-idle shutdown and economy modes that help reduce idle time and save fuel.
Machine Performance Enhancements:
- New standard, operator-selectable, automatic reverse grading mode enables automatic blade control, per customer feedback.
- New Triple Labyrinth final drive and cover design provide improved protection from mud and debris.
Other noteworthy features on the D39EX/PX-24 crawler dozer:
- A choice between quick-shift, three-speed mode and a variable, 20-speed customizable transmission mode to suit personal preferences.
- Proprietary engine and hydrostatic transmission technology that improves machine efficiency and cuts fuel consumption.
- Pioneering Level 5 KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including DEF consumption, fuel level, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts.
- New Operator ID also makes it possible to view KOMTRAX data by job, application or operator.
- Large, multi-lingual, 7 inch, high-resolution LCD monitor with Ecology Guidance that helps operators monitor machine performance for maximum fuel efficiency and follow real-time integrated diagnostics for troubleshooting without a laptop.
- Standard rear-view monitoring system that promotes increased operator awareness of potential worksite hazards.
The D39EX/PX-24, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE® includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and two complimentary factory recommended services of the SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction)/DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) system, including tank flushes and strainer cleaning at 4,500 and 9,000 hours in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America also serves forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. KOMTRAX® and Komatsu CARE® are registered trademarks of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.Note: All comparisons and claims of improved performance made herein are made with respect to the prior Komatsu model unless otherwise specifically stated. Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.