Patent-pending technology significantly increases dozer productivity
Las Vegas, March 10, 2020 — Recognizing that productivity is the key to customers’ success on the jobsite, Komatsu, the pioneer in machine control technology, is debuting its intelligent Machine Control 2.0 at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020. Komatsu’s intelligent Machine Control (iMC) is a suite of features that utilizes advanced machine technology—some of it patent-pending—to increase dozer productivity.
CONEXPO visitors can see Komatsu’s iMC 2.0 capabilities on the industry’s newest and largest intelligent hydrostatic transmission (HST) dozer, the D71PXi-24, making its global premier at this week’s show. The D71 is displayed in the Smart Construction section of Booth N-10825.
The suite of productivity features that comprise Komatsu’s intelligent Machine Control 2.0 include:
Patent-pending proactive dozing control
- Automatically cuts/strips from existing terrain like an experienced operator
- Can operate automatically 100% of the time
- Measures the terrain it tracks and uses that track-level data to plan the next pass
- Over 60% more productive than the previous generation*
Patent-pending lift layer control
- Automatically spreads fill from existing terrain with one press of a button
- Measures the terrain it tracks over and uses that data to plan the next pass
- Doubles production and achieves consistent layers for quality compaction
Tilt steering control
- Automatically tilts blade to maintain straight travel during rough dozing
- Reduces the need for operator steering input by up to 80%
Quick surface creation
- Creates a temporary design surface with one press of the button
- Combined with other iMC 2.0 functions, operators can begin stripping or spreading using automatic modes while waiting for finish grade mode
Within the year, intelligent Machine Control 2.0 will be commercially available on additional Komatsu dozers.
Komatsu at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020
With a focus on creating connections to empower the success of its global network of distributors and customers, Komatsu’s booth N-10825 at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 features several product and technology advancements for the construction, waste, forestry, energy and aggregates industries. Across 40,000 square feet of exhibit space, the company is demonstrating how technology, data, equipment and service solutions are increasingly connected to control costs, timelines and optimize resources.
Komatsu is an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technologies and services for the construction, forklift, mining, industrial and forestry markets. For nearly a century, Komatsu equipment and services have been used by companies worldwide to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create technology and consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations, tapping into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance.
To learn more and see video of products at work, visit: www.komatsuamerica.com/conexpo2020
Komatsu® is registered trademark of Komatsu Ltd. Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.
* All comparisons are to the previous generation of Komatsu intelligent Machine Control