Eleven planned releases built to enhance digital transformation
Las Vegas, March 10, 2020 — Tapping into the power of IoT, Komatsu’s construction customers soon will be able to control construction planning, management, schedule, costs, and optimize processes remotely and in near real time with the company’s incoming suite of Smart Construction solutions.
Built to support the digital transformation of its customers’ worksites, Komatsu’s Smart Construction roadmap – introduced today at a special event at Booth N-10825 at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 – includes 11 new solutions with releases starting this coming year. Those solutions are:
- Smart Construction Design – Go from rolled up paper plans to robust 3D designs and more with 3D data generation.
- Smart Construction Remote – Send new design data to machines in the field, or remotely support operators, without traveling to the jobsite.
- Smart Construction Dashboard – Graphically visualize design, drone and machine data to measure cut/fills, quantities, and productivity.
- Smart Construction Fleet – Collect the data needed to optimize fleets and track production, all on a mobile app.
- Smart Construction Insight – Display an overview of progress, productivity, and profitability across multiple jobsites.
- Smart Construction Simulation – From start to finish, simulate jobsites to optimize results, before the first yard of dirt is moved.
- Smart Construction Retrofit – Equip legacy excavators of any make or model with access to 3D data, giving operators the guidance they need.
- Smart Construction Rover – Cost-effective, high-value 3D rovers to outfit all key jobsite personnel.
- Smart Construction Drone – Provides a bird’s-eye view of the jobsite, in a fraction of the time required by a ground-based survey.
- Smart Construction Edge – Rapid processing of drone data into a 3D terrain map without leaving the jobsite.
- Smart Construction Field – Cost-effective project management that includes cost tracking and helps determine the best ways to bid, manage and resource projects.
Since Komatsu customers began piloting early capabilities in 2015, Smart Construction has been connecting people, equipment, and construction processes to enhance workflows in an open platform. Supported by its strategic partners, who are leaders in their own fields, Komatsu’s vision is to improve operations across all phases of the construction process by enabling digital transformation of customer jobsites. With Smart Construction, software, hardware, and services come together to help customers be more connected, efficient, and successful.
Komatsu at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020
With a focus on creating connections to empower the success of its global network of distributors and customers, Komatsu’s booth N-10825 at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 features several product and technology advancements for the construction, waste, forestry, energy and aggregates industries. Across 40,000 square feet of exhibit space, the company is demonstrating how technology, data, equipment and service solutions are increasingly connected to control costs, timelines and optimize resources.
Komatsu is an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technologies and services for the construction, forklift, mining, industrial and forestry markets. For nearly a century, Komatsu equipment and services have been used by companies worldwide to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create technology and consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations, tapping into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance.
To learn more and see video of products at work, visit: www.komatsuamerica.com/conexpo2020
Komatsu® is registered trademark of Komatsu Ltd. Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.