Product Support Training
Product Support Training (PST)
Komatsu organizes two annual Product Support Training opportunities: one in Cartersville, GA and one in Salt Lake City, UT. Event date for 2018 are April 16-19 in Salt Lake and October 1-4 in Cartersville.
The content is designed to help attendees learn skills and tools that they can start using on the job immediately. PST events are also a great opportunity for personal & professional development as well as networking amongst your peers.
The target group for these events are Outside Sales people such as PSSR, PSR, CSM, etc.as well as Inside Sales such as Parts Counter Personnel and Parts Managers. Some content is designed specific to the role of the individual.
The benefits for the attendees:
- Knowledge about Komatsu parts, programs and tools from industry experts
- Hands on experience operating Komatsu machines, performing UC measurements, and conducting machine inspections.
- Information on best practices regarding time and territory management
- Development of technical and interpersonal skills.
- Networking with people from the industry.
- Understanding the value of Genuine Parts over aftermarket
Below is an example of a few of the courses offered during Product Support Training:
- Machine Management
- Undercarriage Management
- Utilizing Komatsu Parts Programs
- Customer Service and Communication skills
- Fluids, Filters & Batteries
- Attachments & GET
- Komtrax for Parts
- Machine Operation & Controls
- SSR Selling Skills
- Time & Territory Management
- Critical Thinking & Communications
- Forecasting, Budgeting & Basic Financials
- Tier 4 systems
- iMC Machines for the PSSR
- Ripley U (SLC only)
For more information about the PST events, contact your District Parts Sales Manager (DPSM) or Chris Wasik at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ripley U is held in Ripley, TN, twice a year; once in the spring and again in the fall. It is a two-day training session geared towards Parts Counter personnel to help them better understand the Komatsu systems, processes, and people involved with helping them serve their customer. A mobile version of Ripley U is also offered during the Salt Lake City Product Support Training event in April.
There are several teams involved with the Ripley U training: Logistics, Materials Management (Expediting), Unit Down, Parts Marketing, Reman, RIM, and Technical. The training in Ripley, TN, also includes a tour of both the warehouse and the administration building.
Ripley U courses are a very well-rounded learning experience in the areas where parts personnel need the most help. The training is hands on and face to face with the subject matter experts. It also allows the attendees to personally meet the people with whom they communicate with on a daily basis.
For more information about the Ripley U courses, contact your District Parts Sales Manager (DPSM) or Amy Torres at email@example.com